Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
According to the BLS, the median annual salary for aviation maintenance technicians in the U.S. was $65,380 in May 2021.57
That means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Here are the top 10 median annual salaries by state for aircraft mechanics and service technicians, as reported by the BLS in May 2021.*
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
If an aircraft mechanic career path sounds interesting, you can complete training in our programs in 2 years or less that can help prepare you to test for certification and entry-level roles in the field. If you’d like to learn more about training for a career in aviation repair and maintenance, click the button below or call 800-834-7408.
1) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures for UTI and www.miat.edu/disclosures for MIAT.
57) The Airframe & Powerplant and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs prepare graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as aviation maintenance technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as aviation maintenance technicians, such as turbine technicians or field technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians (49-3011) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $45,600 to $67,950 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled aviation technicians in North Carolina is $28.90 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2021 Occupational Employment and Wages, Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $23.54 and $18.25, respectively.
71) The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that total national employment for Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians will be 139,800 by 2031. See Table 1.2 Employment by detailed occupation, 2021 and projected 2031, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. The Universal Technical Institute family of schools are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI and MIAT prepare graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. Graduates’ achievements may vary. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
79) Pending FAA approval, UTI’s aviation maintenance programs prepare graduates to apply & test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who don’t obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary, or FAA certification.
80) MIAT’s aviation program prepares graduates to apply and test for FAA mechanic certification. Graduates who do not obtain certification may have fewer career opportunities. Some graduates get jobs other than aviation maintenance technician such as turbine or field technicians. MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment, salary, or FAA certification.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.