Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Have you ever considered training for a career in the diesel industry? Universal Technical Institute (UTI) offers a 45-week training program7 that’s designed to prepare students for entry-level roles in the field. This program is offered at campuses nationwide, including UTI Sacramento.
The Diesel Technology program is designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. From transport refrigeration to truck brakes and chassis, students explore key topics in the diesel industry, helping to prepare them to service today’s engines and trucks.
The Sacramento campus follows UTI’s blended learning model, which means students complete online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18 This style of training is designed to mimic the type of learning that occurs in the field!
Diesel students take a variety of courses throughout their training. These include:
Meet UTI graduate Nick Genemaras. He graduated from the Diesel Technology program at the UTI Lisle campus and landed a job with CIT Trucks.5
At the Sacramento campus, graduates of the 45-week Diesel Technology program earn diplomas. They’re also prepared to test for ASE certifications and can substitute their training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
The diesel training offered at UTI Sacramento is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the industry. However, diesel graduates aren’t limited to just one path — as with any industry, over time, they may be able to advance in their careers with hard work. Entry-level and advanced roles could include:77
Interested in learning more about diesel career paths? Read our career guide.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
Sacramento is a great place to call home while you complete your training. UTI’s campus is within driving distance of exciting attractions like Golden 1 Center, historic parks and a variety of museums you can explore. It’s also conveniently located near Sacramento International Airport.
4100 Duckhorn Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10am & 2pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
916-263-9100 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-3432 |  Financial Aid
877-884-2254 |  Student Services
916-473-6200 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
UTI Sacramento offers guided tours, which are a great way to experience campus life firsthand. Tours are scheduled daily — click the link below to reserve a spot!
UTI hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up!
It takes just a few minutes to learn about training opportunities at UTI Sacramento. Fill out our request info form to get started!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
5) UTI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a technician, such as: parts associate, service writer, fabricator, paint and paint prep, and shop owner/operator. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
43) For Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 28,500 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career