Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
You can get the experience and education needed to work on diesel-powered vehicles and machines in as little as 45 weeks7 when you enroll in Universal Technical Institute’s Diesel Technology program.
There are big names in the diesel industry, and they look to UTI grads when hiring for jobs.1 The training provided at UTI’s campus in Rancho Cucamonga, California, can help you when entering the workforce. Located close to Los Angeles, it’s a great place to start.
Students in the Diesel Technology program at UTI Rancho Cucamonga are trained to repair and maintain both heavy-equipment systems and commercial vehicles. Starting from the ground up, students gain knowledge and skills that can be applied to careers in the industry.
The Diesel program follows UTI’s blended learning model, which combines online instructor-led training with hands-on application in the lab.18
Students are given the foundational knowledge needed to enter the diesel industry, with in-demand skills being taught in every class during the program. The courses covered in the Diesel Technology program include:
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the labs and classrooms at UTI Rancho Cucamonga, which is located about 40 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.
Graduates of the Diesel Technology program at the Rancho Cucamonga campus earn diplomas. Students who choose to take the Automotive & Diesel Technology program can earn Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degrees.
Graduates are also prepared to take tests required for ASE certifications. Training completed at UTI can be substituted for one of two years of the work experience needed to become ASE certified.
While the Diesel program offered at UTI Rancho Cucamonga is designed to help prepare students for entry-level roles, as with any industry, over time, graduates may be able to advance in their careers with hard work. Potential entry-level and advanced career paths could include:77
Read our career guide here to learn more about some of the different paths in the diesel industry.
*Not entry-level and is dependent on factors like experience, location, and employer compensation.
There is plenty to do around the UTI Rancho Cucamonga campus, from trips to the beach to the Rancho Cucamonga Epicenter, which hosts classic car shows and sporting events.
9494 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
M-F | 8am-5pm | Hours
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F | 10am & 1pm
SAT | 9am & 1pm
909-484-1929 | Campus
800-834-7308 | Admissions
866-246-2151 |  Financial Aid
888-692-7800 |  Student Services
909-510-6440 |  Career Services * If you wish to post a job please click here.
Schedule a campus tour Monday through Friday to get a closer look at the classrooms and labs at the UTI Rancho Cucamonga campus!
Several events take place throughout the year to get you involved with UTI — both in-person and virtually! Check out the calendar below!
Want to work with your hands in a growing industry? Training at UTI Rancho Cucamonga can help prepare you for an entry-level career in the diesel industry doing something you’re passionate about. Click the link below to connect with an Admissions Representative who can help you take the first step!
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
29) UTI’s Diesel Technology Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as diesel technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for UTI graduates. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as diesel truck technicians, including in industries such as heavy equipment repair, power generation, and agriculture. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists (49-3031) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $32,360 to $94,400 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled diesel technicians in North Carolina is $24.18 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $20.56 and $17.49, respectively.
43) For Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an annual average of 28,500 job openings between 2021 and 2031. Job openings include openings due to net employment changes and net replacements. See Table 1.10 Occupational separations and openings, projected 2021-31, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, viewed October 13, 2022. UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career