Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
It only takes a few minutes to find out how you can get trained.
Expand your training in robotics and automation in Mooresville, North Carolina, also known as Race City USA. Being a robotics and automation technician means utilizing robots to automate tasks and working alongside engineers to integrate, maintain and troubleshoot robotic work cells and automated systems.
What does it take to become a robotics and automation technician? With our program coming to NASCAR Tech, it means training in just 51 weeks!
No prior experience is needed — our Robotics & Automation courses are designed to build your knowledge from the ground up. Here are some of the courses included in the training at NASCAR Tech:
The Robotics & Automation program is designed to prepare students to pursue enrty-level careers robotics and automation technicians, control system technicians, or maintenance technicians, just to name a few.77
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the annual median wage for robotics and automation technicians in North Carolina was $58,070 in May 2022.59 This means half earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area.
Photo from MIAT College of Technology campus.
Although you might know Mooresville as Race City USA, it’s not just for automotive fans! This historic town can be a great place to live as you train in robotics and automation, and it’s just a 30-minute drive to the big city of Charlotte.
To pursue a hands-on, critical thinking career that uses creative problem solving, training for the robotics and automation industry could be a great option. The program, coming soon pending regulatory approvals to NASCAR Tech, is designed to equip students with the skills they need to pursue entry-level careers in the industry.
220 Byers Creek Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
TU&TH | 10am, 2pm, 6pm
W | 10 am & 2 pm
F&SAT | 10am & 1pm
704-658-1950 | Campus
877-201-2597 | Admissions
866-416-2722 |  Financial Aid
866-316-2722 |  Student Services
704-658-2146 |  Career Services
* If you wish to post a job please click here.
Ready to train for a career in robotics and automation? At NASCAR Tech in Mooresville, North Carolina, students can enjoy supportive instructors and hands-on learning in labs and complete training in just 51 weeks. Click the button below to begin!
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
1) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
59) The Robotics & Automation Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as robotics & automation technicians. Estimated annual salary is for Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for graduates. UTI and MIAT are educational institutions and cannot guarantee employment or salary. Graduates’ achievements vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as robotics & automation technicians, such as control systems technicians and maintenance technicians. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary range for persons employed as Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians (17-3024) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $43,670 to $52,960 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled robotics & automation technicians in North Carolina is $23.74 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $19.77 and $16.62, respectively.
77) UTI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. UTI prepares graduates for entry-level careers using the provided training. UTI graduates’ achievements may vary. Some UTI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than those listed.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career