Find out what some of our graduates are doing today in pursuing their successful careers.
Learn more about how we assist our veterans from VA funding to exclusive scholarships.
UTI welcomes General Education Diploma students. Find out more in our resources.
$15 million in grants & scholarships available this year for those who qualify10
Take 60 seconds and find out how you can get trained.
This opportunity will allow us to expand into innovative, exciting industries while preparing students to pursue opportunities in the industries and communities we serve. Learn more here.
Learn the foundations of motorcycle, ATVs, powersports, side-by-sides and personal watercraft with MMI’s Motorcycle Technician Training program. Troubleshoot and diagnose engines, test performance and drivability, and receive specialized training with leading brands in the industry.
Elliott Deane is a dynamic leader, an entrepreneur, and a MMI Orlando grad.
John Maxwell graduated from MMI Orlando, but you probably know him as "The Harley Tech" on YouTube.
At MMI, you’ll start your motorcycle technician training with a strong core program that combines classroom preparation and hands-on experience. The Motorcycle Technician Prerequisite (MTP) program covers the key components of motorcycle technology and serves as a foundation for your professional development.
After completing the 48-week program, you could go on to take:
Harley-Davidson Early Model
Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle
Performance and Drivability
Performance Suspension*(*offered at MMI Phoenix only)
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) makes it easy to structure your training program as you prepare for your career. You’ll get the hands-on experience in
state-of-the-industry technology and equipment as you train to perform routine service, diagnose mechanical and electrical systems, and make necessary repairs and replacement.
Your first 18 weeks at MMI are spent learning the foundational knowledge of motorcycle technology with real hands-on experience from instructors who collectively offer decades of industry expertise. From there, students move on to specialized training
created with one or more of six leading manufacturers.
Photo from the former site of MMI Orlando
Click the links below to read descriptions about the courses at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute.
Ever dream of mastering Harley-Davidson® engines or becoming an expert in servicing Honda motorcycles? This is where you can make it happen! Specialized training at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute lets student work on six of the industry’s leading brands for motorcycle, ATVs, powersports, side-by-sides and personal watercraft.Click on the images below to learn more about our manufacturer-specific training.
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute can help prepare you for a career in the motorcycle industry. Be proactive about your future and learn more today.
The motorcycle mechanic training program is available at our two Motorcycle Mechanics Institute campuses: MMI Phoenix (Arizona) and MMI Orlando (Florida).
MMI Phoenix offers associate of occupational studies (AOS) degrees and MMI Orlando offers occupational associate degrees (OAD) for certain program combinations.
Flexible scheduling and frequent start times mean it’s never too soon or too late to start your training. Classes begin every six weeks for new students at both MMI Phoenix and MMI Orlando.
You can complete your motorcycle mechanic training in just 48 weeks at MMI.7 View our motorcycle mechanic courses here.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for motorcycle mechanics in the United States was $43,370 in May 2022.30 This means half of motorcycle technicians earned more and half earned less. Keep in mind that salary depends on several factors, including experience, employer, demand and cost of living in the area. Learn more in our motorcycle mechanic salary guide.
Yes! MMI is the only trade school that offers a Harley-Davidson® specific 30-week OEM training program. Visit our Harley-Davidson program page to learn more.
Click the button and tell us what program you're interested in!
1) MMI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2) For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.uti.edu/disclosures.
5) MMI programs prepare graduates for careers in industries using the provided training, primarily as automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians. Some MMI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than
as a technician, such as: parts associate, service writer, fabricator, paint and paint prep, and shop owner/operator.
7) Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
10) Financial aid, scholarships and grants are available to those who qualify. Awards vary due to specific conditions, criteria and state.
18) UTI now offers all of its automotive, diesel, motorcycle and marine technician training in a blended learning format consisting of online lecture courses along with in-person, hands-on lab training.
30) MMI’s Motorcycle Technician Training Program prepares graduates for entry-level positions using the provided training, primarily as motorcycle technicians. Estimated annual salary shown above is for Motorcycle Mechanics as published in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages. Entry-level salaries are lower for MMI graduates. MMI is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary. MMI graduates’ achievements may vary. Individual circumstances and wages depend on economic factors, personal credentials, work experience, industry certifications, the location of the employer, and their compensation programs. Some MMI graduates get jobs within their field of study in positions other than as a motorcycle technician, such as service writer, equipment maintenance, and parts associate. Salary information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: The average annual entry-level salary for persons employed as Motorcycle Mechanic (49-3052) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is $30,660 (Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development, May 2020 data https://lmi.dua.eol.mass.gov/lmi/OccupationalEmploymentAndWageSpecificOccupations#). Salary information for North Carolina: The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the hourly median wage for skilled motorcycle technicians in North Carolina is $22.32 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, May 2022 Occupational Employment and Wages, Motorcycle Mechanics). The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not publish entry-level salary data. However, the 25th and 10th percentile of hourly earnings in North Carolina are $14.62 and $13.50, respectively.
Universal Technical Institute of Illinois, Inc. is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Start your journey toward a new career