Searching for a technician training program that really stands out? Compare UTI to other training programs and you’ll discover some distinct differences that separate us from the pack.
Choosing a technician training program is a big decision and there are a lot of options out there. But not all training programs are alike – and the differences can have a huge impact on your future career.
What sets UTI apart from other training programs? Check out some of the key features that make up the UTI Difference:
Highly focused, accelerated training
- Unlike traditional colleges, at UTI you won’t waste time taking courses you don’t need. Your training program will be completely focused on the specific skills you need to launch your technician career.1
- Our core technician training programs can be completed in as little as 45 weeks for Diesel training and 51 weeks for Automotive training, allowing you to graduate quickly.2
- Hands-on training. You’ll learn by doing.
- No prior training or mechanical knowledge is required. Even if you’ve never changed a spark plug or flushed a radiator in your life, by the time you graduate you’ll have the high-tech skills to master the complex systems that keep today’s vehicles running.
- When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to complete the ASE examinations that certify you as a professional technician in specific topics. Plus, you can substitute your UTI training for one of the two years of work experience required to become ASE certified.
- Employers know that, as a UTI graduate, you’ll be ready to work.
Expert instructors with real-world experience
- UTI teams up with some of the biggest names in the automotive world — GM, BMW, Ford, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, to name a few — to create its training programs.
- No other school offers as many Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training programs and credentials as UTI.
- Our manufacturer partners keep us up-to-date on the latest procedures, technology and equipment.
- We work directly with manufacturers to create training that’s based on their own programs. Students in our Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training programs can earn credentials and certifications valued by employers.
- Our instructors are pros with real-world experience. They’ve worked in the field themselves and know what it takes to succeed.
- UTI’s student-to-instructor ratios are much smaller than traditional colleges, which means you’ll get more personal attention as you train.
- How good are our instructors? So good that manufacturers have them teach classes on the latest technologies and skills to their dealership technicians.
- Together with our industry partners, we invest millions of dollars to equip our facilities with the latest vehicles, technology, tools and training aids. And it shows.
- From classrooms to labs, you’ll be completely immersed in a professional environment.
- From the time that you first enroll until after you graduate, you’ll be supported by a team of UTI professionals dedicated to your success.
- Student services include financial aid3 assistance, local and graduate employment, housing and complimentary tutoring.
There’s a reason why UTI consistently graduates and places more technicians in the transportation industry than any other school in the country. It’s the UTI Difference that you’ll experience if you tour a campus, speak with our instructors or hear the success stories of our graduates.
1 UTI cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2 Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
3 Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.