Searching for a technician training program that really stands out? Compare MMI to other training programs and you’ll discover some distinct differences that separate us from the pack.
Choosing a technician training program is a big decision and there are a lot of options out there. But not all training programs are alike – and the differences can have a huge impact on your future career.
What sets us apart from other training programs? Check out some of the key features that make up the MMI Difference:
Highly focused, accelerated training
World-class OEM connections
- Unlike traditional colleges, at MMI you won’t waste time taking courses you don’t need. Your training program will be completely focused on the specific skills you need to launch your technician career.1
- Our core technician training programs can be completed in as little as 51 weeks, allowing you to graduate quickly.2
- Hands-on training. You’ll learn by doing.
- No prior training or mechanical knowledge is required. Even if you’ve never changed a spark plug or tightened a propeller in your life, by the time you graduate you’ll have the high-tech skills to master the complex systems that keep today’s boats running.
- Employers know that, as an MMI graduate, you’ll be ready to work.
Expert instructors with real-world experience
- MMI teams up with some of the biggest names in the marine world — Mercury Marine, Suzuki Marine, Yamaha Marine, Honda Marine, and Volvo Penta — to create its training programs.
- Our industry partners keep us up-to-date on the latest procedures, technology and equipment.
- We work directly with boat manufacturers to create training that’s based on their own programs. Students even can earn Provisional Mercury Outboard Certification.
- Our instructors are pros with real-world experience. They’ve worked in the field themselves and know what it takes to succeed.
- MMI’s student-to-instructor ratios are much smaller than traditional colleges, which means you’ll get more personal attention as you train.
- Together with our industry partners, we invest millions of dollars to equip our facilities with the latest boats, technology, tools and training aids. And it shows.
- From classrooms to labs, you’ll be completely immersed in a professional environment.
- From the time that you first enroll until after you graduate, you’ll be supported by a team of MMI professionals dedicated to your success.
- Student services include financial aid3 assistance, local and graduate employment, housing and complimentary tutoring.
There’s a reason why MMI is considered an industry choice for marine technicians. It’s the MMI Difference that you’ll experience if you tour a campus, speak with our instructors or hear the success stories of our graduates.
1 MMI cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2 Some programs may require longer than one year to complete.
3 Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.